She Graduated From Faculty Of Pharmacy, Cairo University,Egypt 2001 very Good with honor Degree , She Worked in Governmental Hospital in Egypt From Oct.2001 till 2003 ,She Joined Hamad General Hospital, Doha , Qatar 2003 and Worked as Hospital Pharmacist Till 2011 in OutPatient,InPatient, IV Admixture,Quality Assurance Pharmacies.Worked as Clinical Instructor For Pharmacy Students, Qatar University, Promoted as Senior Pharmacist in Alwakra Hospital,New Member Of HMC Hospitals in May 2011,Established Unit Dose Pharmacy in alwakra Hospital With new Technology ADC(Pyxis ES) Serving 276 Beds, in January 2014 She Established IV Admixture Room With New Automated Iv Robot (IV Station) First In Qatar used to Aseptic Compounding of IV Preparations Using ISO 5.
In Addition To LFH Used to Prepare Non Hazardous Materials, IV antibiotics, IV Fluids, Minibag Plus Containers, Piggy Bags, Floor Stock Eye Drop Preparation For Ophthalmology Clinics, Wakra Hospital is JCI Certified Hospital.
Stat medication definition is an order which should be given immediately as per hospital policy; physicians usually prescribe stat orders for urgent medication and life stating drugs in emergency and life threatening cases when medication should be administered immediately or within a limited time frame.
The goals of this study were to evaluate the appropriateness of stat medication use within the hospital from prescribing aspect on timely basis to track Rx journey for Inpatient units.
The study was carried out between 22-4-2015 and 8-5-2015 in Al Wakra Hospital Pharmacy medication orders have been screened for stat prescriptions, availability in (ADC) Automated Dispensing total time for all orders per units was conducted to calculate time from prescribing to administration (total time).
Further analysis were undertaken to divide total time into 3 phases –
1. Sending time (from prescribing to receiving orders)
2. Pharmacy time from receiving to finalization (verification)
3. Administration time (Verification time to administration)
222 stat orders were reviewed during baseline period ,18%(41) accounted for SICU 15%(33) accounted MICU 10%(23) accounted for 3.5 Obys/Gyn, 9% (21) accurate for inpatient medicine ward (65) ,9% (19) from General Surgical ward (5N).
- Most ordered medication categories were Pain management medications (14.9 %), glycerin suppository (13.1), Magnesium sulphate (12.6%), Emesis management medications (8.1%), Furosemide (6.3%), potassium chloride (5.9 %), Ketamine (4.1%), Antihypertensive medications (3.6%), corticosteroids (3.6%), Blood proteins (human albumin, plasma protein)(3.2 %).
- Total time average for all orders was 01:14 hour in which 00:18 minutes were average sending time, 00:13 average pharmacy time, and 00:42 minutes administration time.,15.31 % of all orders were administered within 30 minutes from prescribing time, 37.3% within 45 minutes, 54.5% within one hour, while 45.5% of all orders were administered within more than one hour.( chart 4)
Audience will learn:
•Audience Will be able to Understand the urgency of Stat Order in in Patient Care Areas Especially Critical Care Areas.
•To set Up Stat Order Phases and Determine the appropriateness and importance of Each Phase in delivering Stat Medication Within Time Limit.
•To Design Thier OWN Stat Order Process Based on Own Practice .
•Will be Aware of Type and Urgency Of STAT Order Process.